Who we are
Allied Point of Sale
Block 14G, Beechwood Buildings,
Greenogue Business Park,
Rathcoole, Dublin 24.
Eircode – D24 PD90
Your Personal Information, and what we collect.
We only store your personal information if you have contacted us via web form, email, are a customer (existing or past) or signed up to our marketing newsletter.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you have explicitly opted in to our marketing newsletter.
Only nominated persons have access to your data.
- Employees of our company
- Our web hosting providers
Any emails sent to us and any messages received through our online contact form are recorded and forwarded to the relevant section. The sender’s email address will remain visible to all staff tasked with dealing with the query. Please be aware that it is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the content of their emails is within the bounds of the law. Unsolicited material of a criminal nature will be reported to the relevant authorities and blocked.
If you would like a record of what personal information we have stored about you, please contact us using our web form and we would be happy to assist you.
We use Stripe to process online transactions, we do not store your credit card information on our servers.
We are not responsible for the content of external links from our website.
How we protect your data
Our website utilizes SSL, all data between your browser and our website is encrypted. Your passwords (if you have an account) are encrypted.
We routinely update and maintain our website and servers, ensuring they are patches with the latest security updates.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If a breach is detected on our systems we will inform the relevant authorities of the breach, nominate our 3rd party IT security partner (Blacknight) to investigate the uspscted breach, and if confirmed will notify affect clients with 24 hours.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If this policy is updated, a notice will be placed on this page.
- There is a five working day period from receipt of goods to inform Allied POS of your intent to return goods.
- Contact must be made to our customer service team to report and initiate an agreement for the return.
- Questions will be asked to define the reason / concern before being issued an official RGA number. Please quote this RGA number in all correspondence associated with your issue.
- Unofficial or unreported returns will not be accepted by our warehouse.
- The return of items will be organised between yourself and the sales staff.
- Returned items must be in their original packaging, clean, free from damage and protected, with the RGA paperwork attached to each parcel.
- Freight and handling charges will be agreed upon. There is a 10% restocking charge. Charges may apply to RGAs, pending the reported reason to initiate a return, returns outside the RGA processes, or after investigation, returns that contradict the reported issue.
Inventory Items that can be Returned:
- Logged inventory items that have an official corresponding RGA Number.
- Inventory items that are in receipt of you within a five working day period.
- Dispatched inventory items that are incorrect due to a sales entry error or warehouse picking error.
- Items damaged in transit by our courier network that are checked and signed for correctly i.e., signed for as damaged.
- Inventory items that are deemed faulty / not within specification and have been used as per the manufacturer’s specification guidelines.
- Off the shelf, standard stock items i.e., goods that have been brought in especially for you or has been cut to size, cannot be returned.
- Same process applies as above except a supplier complaint form is completely necessary to fill in with as much detail submitted as physically possible.
- Pictures and videos should be sent through.
- Do not throw out cores and boxes until you are happy with the item’s quality.
- Supplier returns take longer than regular returns and are at the directive of the supplier.
Signing for a Delivery:
In the event of a damaged shipment, it is of the utmost importance that the shipment is signed for as damaged. If a shipment is signed for with a clean signature or unchecked, then the transport company cannot be sanctioned. So, inspecting and signing for the shipment correctly makes it easier for all parties involved. Some tips,
- Put one employee in charge of signing for all your goods inwards operations.
- When the vehicle is opened, try to inspect the delivery on the vehicle before unloading, (taking pictures from the ground if there is noticeable damage).
- When the delivery is unloaded, inspect all 4 sides, corners, top and bottom of each parcel/pallet.
- The slightest dent, bend, or imperfection on the outer packaging (no matter how obscure) should result in telling the driver that you need to open the parcel/pallet and inspect the delivery further.
- Once this is completed, you can now sign for the goods as you see them i.e., note all damage in detail on the transport carrier’s docket.
- If the driver refuses to wait, sign for the shipment as damaged, take pictures and send them to us immediately.
- Refused deliveries due to damages, must also be signed as “damaged and refused”.
- A driver can change their hand-held PDA to read “Damaged” and add notes, so make sure this is requested and viewed before signing.
- Ensure you sign for the correct quantity as well.
- Only let the employee that physically inspects the delivery, sign for the delivery i.e., office employee signing for goods in the office when they were delivered to the warehouse.
- Do not sign for a delivery as unchecked or further inspection needed, if the shipment is damaged, it needs to be signed for as “Damaged”.
Allied POS is a customer focused company, and we strive daily to produce a logistical operation that exceeds our customer expectation. However, the logistic process is never perfect, and where our logistic process has failed, Allied will do whatever we can to rectify the situation.
With that said, Allied cannot be held accountable for a failed logistic process. Allied will not be liable for the customer’s consequential losses, loss of profit, downtime, or reputation in the event of:
- A damaged shipment.
- An incorrect product received.
- A late delivery.
- A faulty product.
- An out-of-stock position
- An act of God.